- Diplomacy, Security& Development
- Energy, Environment & Agriculture
- Health, Education & Human Services
- Roger Revelle Fellowship in Global Stewardship
- AAAS Overseas Fellowships at USAID Missions (Eligibiliy limited to current/former AAAS Fellows only)
- Global Health & Development Fellowships (Eligibiliy limited to current/former AAAS Fellows only)
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Postdoc Fellowship in Washington DC
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)’s Science and Technology (S & T) Fellowship is post-graduate level fellowship that offers medical doctors, scientists, and engineers the opportunity to contribute their analytical skills to policymaking in Washington D.C. while learning about the role of science in the federal government. More than 2,200 scientists and engineers have received the fellowship since 1973, and opportunities are available in more than 30 Congressional offices and 15 federal agencies.
Note that social scientists are eligible as well.
Fellows spend a year in Washington, DC, working with federal agencies or non-profits and improving science policy.
There are six programmatic areas for the fellowships:
Stipends will range from about $55,000 to about $100,000.
- U.S. citizen
- Must have a terminal degree (PhD, MD, DVM, etc.) in any scientific discipline
- A master’s degree in engineering with three years of post-degree experience
Application deadline: December 5, 2012